Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So I had this crazy dream yesterday...

They say that one main side effects of malaria medication is having vivid dreams. I didn't believe it, since I didn't start having dreams until about two weeks after taking it. I had this crazy dream yesterday...and wanted to document it's craziness before I forget.

The dream begins with me sitting in a coffee shop, leaving my bags at a table to first use the restroom. I return, and see two boys at one table and a co-ed group at another. The boys motion for me to join them, and I do, cautiously, because I have never seen them before. They offer me their energy drink, to take a sip, because they say I look tired. And I am indeed tired, but again, I don't know these boys, so I cautiously take a small sip. It tastes like nothing. But, after taking that initial sip I begin to feel weak. They urge me to take another sip but I refuse and start to get up from the table. As I do, I feel a sharp stinging on my leg, and look down to see that they have just injected some serum into my body. I can feel my body begin to get numb as I stumble out of the coffee shop, with my thoughts concerned only with escaping.

I run towards the docks, where people are many, with the intention of hiding amongst them. I think that i've managed to escape successfully, and begin to relax until a woman comes to me. She tries to persuade me to go with her onto a boat that is getting loaded. As I think about my response, out of the corner of my eye, I see a woman similar to the one standing before me, forcing two girls into the boat. I run. Fast.

Somehow I find myself on an empty, isolated pier. I take that moment to call a friend to come get me. He is far away, but he is coming. After about an hour of waiting, I call him again, and he tells me he has arrived. He tells me his location, but he is at the wrong spot. He is at the airport, not the bus terminal by the water...but he doesn't know where the bus terminal is. He doesn't know where I am, and there is no one around me to ask. I am too afraid to ask anyone, so I do nothing.

The next thing I know is that I am standing in front of an altar, waiting, I suppose, to get married. But I do not want to get married. I do not love this man. I do not even know this man!

I manage to escape, somehow, gathering my belongings, including some pairs of shoes, and some clothes.

And that concludes my dream. So like I said, I had this crazy dream yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Like stitches in a fabric that are a part of the masterpiece, so are the moments of experience, reflection, and revelation in my life as I travel the globe. These moments are the pieces that have come together to make me who I am today, and will continue to shape and mold me and I continue in this journey called Life.