Sunday, August 14, 2011

rainy Sunday mornings

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain falling. Hard. Rain here is like a drug. You miss it when it's gone, and despise it when it's here.

Today, however, I have to admit, it was quite cathartic. I laid in my bed for a full 47 minutes, watching the darkening of the clouds overhead, the gush of water spewing out of the gutter, the gentle falling drops coming down the window pane. And then, as if God knew I couldn't take the rain anymore, the skies opened up to reveal the bluest of blues I've seen in a while. The sun took its rightful place in the sky, and with it, hints of the recent storm subsided.

Maybe, just maybe, that is what the disciples felt out at sea that fateful day, as they watched Jesus command the storms to cease its destruction.

It is really a beautiful thing.

As I conclude post, I Can Only Imagine begins playing through the cafe speakers...the chorus, in particular, stands out to me:

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Like stitches in a fabric that are a part of the masterpiece, so are the moments of experience, reflection, and revelation in my life as I travel the globe. These moments are the pieces that have come together to make me who I am today, and will continue to shape and mold me and I continue in this journey called Life.