Monday, May 28, 2012

birthday wishes!


I was out of town for the past few days, and when I returned, I had a birthday package waiting for me from my parents! When living abroad, packages literally are the highlight of the day (and maybe event the week), and so naturally, I was very excited to open it. 


The handmade birthday card and the smiley-face balloon are pretty awesome, huh? Yep, I thought so too when I saw them. To make things better, at the bottom of the box, I found a Chinese red envelope! For those of you who are Chinese or are familiar with Chinese traditions, you know that a red envelope is a very good thing, because a red envelope is always meant for gifting money...                         
...or so I thought. I opened my envelope excitedly, thinking about the endless possibilities one could do with some extra cash, but instead of finding money, I found a card with a Bible verse on it.  Needless to say, slightly disappointing. Oh well. At least it was a good verse: The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs and will strengthen your fame. Isaiah 58:11. Perhaps I'll have better luck with the red envelope next year.  =)
Anyway, with a box full of delightful treats from America, I couldn't be happier! Thanks mom and dad for thinking about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Like stitches in a fabric that are a part of the masterpiece, so are the moments of experience, reflection, and revelation in my life as I travel the globe. These moments are the pieces that have come together to make me who I am today, and will continue to shape and mold me and I continue in this journey called Life.