Monday, April 9, 2012

goodbye, wrinkles!

A few weeks, ago, I decided it was finally time that I had something I could hang my clothes on. I had brought a bundle of hangers with me when I made the move to Rwanda, but didn't realize I wasn't going to have a closet to use them in. Well, purchasing one of those clothes racks on wheels was going to be impossible (even if I could find one here it would be way too expensive for me), and so I thought long and hard about what I could do. I pride myself in being pretty creative from time to time, and so it was about time I put my creativity to the test.

And then it hit me. From the time I moved into my apartment I noticed this random curtain box laying on the floor. It kept getting moved from one room to another, and because of its seemingly lack of purpose, no one claimed it for their own. I don't know what took me so long to realize that that curtain box had the potential to be the foundation for my new "closet," but the second the idea materialized, I got busy. All I needed was some string, a scrap piece of wood, a hammer and some nails. Fortunately for me, I found everything I needed lying around the house.

So, did you notice it in the first picture? If you missed it, just look at the picture below. Sure, it's not exactly the most conventional place for a curtain box, but at least now I have somewhere to hang my clothes - and the best part is, I did this all for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Like stitches in a fabric that are a part of the masterpiece, so are the moments of experience, reflection, and revelation in my life as I travel the globe. These moments are the pieces that have come together to make me who I am today, and will continue to shape and mold me and I continue in this journey called Life.