Friday, July 22, 2011

jet lagged thoughts

I lie here wide awake in my jet lagged state. Outside the dogs are barking up a storm, like that scene in 101 Dalmations where the dogs are sending on the message to save the puppies. Funny how I didn't hear a single dog before I fell asleep. The smells of burning trash permeate the air, the room - I cannot escape it. Every now and then my feet catch the mosquito net around me, and in the dark I struggle blindly to put it back in place.

So far, I like it here. It hasn't quite hit me, you know, the fact that I'm in Uganda. Maybe because the first day I spent here consisted of drinking an iced latte and eating Turkish food for dinner with about a dozen and a half expats. Maybe it's because I'm still in Kampala, a city that is not much different from any other city in the world. Who really knows.

I'm excited for the next few months. There is a lot to be learned here, that's for sure. It's going to be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Like stitches in a fabric that are a part of the masterpiece, so are the moments of experience, reflection, and revelation in my life as I travel the globe. These moments are the pieces that have come together to make me who I am today, and will continue to shape and mold me and I continue in this journey called Life.